St. Joseph Catholic School’s academic program is designed to invite all students to come together to pursue their passion for learning within a Christian environment. St. Joseph Catholic School fosters academic excellence, spiritual and social growth within an innovative, stimulating curriculum through a wide range of curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Two classes per grade level designed to increase level of one-on-one instruction and smaller class sizes
- Highly qualified West Virginia licensed teachers
- Additional qualified support teachers to provide acceleration, enrichment and intervention where needed through pull out sessions or small group learning environments
- Highly differentiated and academically challenging curriculum provided
- Advanced problem solving mathematics curriculum including additional accelerated mathematic levels
- Departmentalization of Intermediate Grades to increase rigor of instruction and learning
- Foreign language programs including Spanish and Mandarin classes
- Advanced technology including iPads, Chrome Notebooks, laptops, Smartboards and desktops in each classroom
- FOSS hands-on science program
- Enrichment Program is available to eligible students to challenge particularly gifted and talented students.
- Special classes provided in Art, Music, Technology, Health and P.E.
- After School Clubs including; Triple I Investigation Club, Chess Club, Advanced Art Club, Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Daisies, Brownies and Girl Scouts
- IXL is a web-based math and language arts program that reinforces the curriculum throughout the school year.
- Accelerated Reader Program designed to increase reading fluency and comprehension mastery
- In-house student academic diagnostic testing
- Student Support Plans overseen by the school’s Dean of Student Affairs
- Character Plans overseen by the school’s counselor
- County services including Speech and ESL
- Cabell County Spelling Bee
- CTB Terra Nova 3 standardized test administered
- Weekly Mass and Choir
- Athletics programs including soccer, basketball, cross country, cheerleading and Little Tykes Sports Camps offered throughout the year.
Kindergarten Readiness Video
School Art Projects